Installing Drupal Themes:
Changing your Drupal theme is a quick and easy process. To do so, simply follow these steps:
Uploading Your Theme:
- First, download the desired theme that you want to use. The themes offered here at freecmstemplates.com are all Zip archives.
- Extract the files into a temporary folder on your computer somewhere.
- Using an FTP client to access your Web host, upload the theme files (including the containing directory) into Drupal's /themes/ directory.
For example, the "Lotsa Links Red" theme would belong in themes/lotsalinksred.
Selecting Your Theme:
After you've uploaded your theme, you still need to tell Drupal to use it instead of the currently active theme.
- If you haven't already, log into your Drupal site as an administrator
- Navigate to the "Themes" area. (Administer > Site building > Themes)
- Drupal will show a list of all currently installed themes, each with a checkbox and a radio button beside them.
The checkbox is 'Enabled', which means the theme is available for use. The radio box is 'Default', which means that the selected theme is shown to visitors
unless otherwise specified. Click on both 'enabled' and 'default' beside your new theme to select it, then click on the 'save configuration' button underneath the themes.
That's all there is to it!