Installing Joomla Themes:
Changing your default Joomla template is an easy process. There are two different ways to get the template files on to your site:
Option 1: Uploading Your Template:
- First, download the desired template that you want to use. The themes offered here at freecmstemplates.com are all Zip archives.
- Extract the files into a temporary folder on your computer somewhere.
- Using an FTP client to access your Web host, upload the template files (including the containing directory) into the /templates directory.
For example, the "Pretty Much Purple" template would belong in templates/prettymuchpurple.
Option 2: Importing Your Template:
- Log in to the administration area of your Joomla site.
- Hover your mouse over the 'extensions' link in the top menu, then click on the first link "Install/Uninstall".
- Click on the "browse" button and locate the Zip archive on your computer that contains the template files.
- Once located, click on "Upload and Install" to upload the archive. Joomla will automatically unzip the files where to the appropriate directory.
Selecting Your Theme:
After you've uploaded/imported your template files, you still need to tell Joomla to use it instead of the currently selected theme.
- If you're not still there, log into your Joomla administration area.
- Hover your mouse over the 'extensions' link in the top menu, and click on "Template Manager".
- Click on the little radio button next to the template name you wish to use, then click on the "Default" button on the top right of the page.