Installing Wordpress Themes:
Changing your default Wordpress installation is an easy process. To do so, simply follow these steps:
Uploading Your Theme:
- First, download the desired theme that you want to use. The themes offered here at freecmstemplates.com are all Zip archives.
- Extract the files into a temporary folder on your computer somewhere.
- Using an FTP client to access your Web host, upload the theme files (including the containing directory) into the wp-content/themes directory.
For example, the "Cardplayer" theme would belong in wp-content/themes/Cardplayer.
Selecting Your Theme:
After you've uploaded your theme, you still need to tell Wordpress to use it instead of the current theme.
- Log into your Wordpress site as an administrator
- Go to the "Presentation" area.
- Underneath the current theme (shown up top) you'll see the uploaded theme(s) under "Available Themes".
Click on the desired theme to make it 'current', and you're all done!